Reply to post: Your ass is grass

Uber robo-ride's deadly crash: Self-driving car had emergency braking switched off by design

Conspectus83
WTF?

Your ass is grass

I find it unbelievable that a major safety system was switched off that could have saved a life. It seems to be that life is cheap for big corporations. This situation reeks of the Ford Pinto scandal https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ford_Pinto.

Accountability must be put into place before anymore testing of driverless cars is allowed on the roads and that includes everyone, passengers as well.

If people know that they can end up with a prison sentence, what happened was manslaughter (in my opinion), there will be more emphasis on safety.

At the moment its a race to be first but the race rules, race stewards and race finish have not been properly implemented or even thought of.

I know of two deaths, there could be more, with driverless cars while in testing. One death is one too many.

From top to bottom people should know that if something like this happens again 'your ass is grass' and that should go for state legislators as well.

Money talks but life should not be so cheap make people 'Accountable'!

POST COMMENT House rules

Not a member of The Register? Create a new account here.

• Enter your comment

• Add an icon

Anonymous cowards cannot choose their icon