Reply to post: I've looked over coverage of Musk and I've *never* seen a tough interview. Ever.

As Tesla hits speed bump after speed bump, Elon Musk loses his mind in anti-media rant

John Smith 19 Gold badge
Unhappy

I've looked over coverage of Musk and I've *never* seen a tough interview. Ever.

He's done a lot of media "events" but nothing by any interviewer that's been well informed about the financial side of the business or even slightly critical.

Any actual questioning has been very low key and soft.

Anyone who thinks it's just the man himself is delusional. He has a hell of a support staff and a very good PR booking team. But ideal hands are the Twitter users workshop.

One general point. Some people have enjoyed phenomenal success in their lives. The smarter one know at least part of this is down to shear dumb luck (including just coming out of the right womb). The real challenge is what happens when things don't go their way and they have to admit to themselves that this time they failed.

In the long run that's what separates the "Masters of the Universe" from "Master of the Cardboard Box."

POST COMMENT House rules

Not a member of The Register? Create a new account here.

• Enter your comment

• Add an icon

Anonymous cowards cannot choose their icon