Reply to post: Re: Use local

UK has rejected over 1,000 skilled IT bod visa applications this year

Anonymous Coward
Anonymous Coward

Re: Use local

Try hiring tech staff, its bloody hard,

I'm looking for two python developers of varying skill levels, and its impossible, there are almost none available, and when we leave the EU, the situation is going to be dire.. if they don't remove the cap, our high tech industry will collapse..

And this is not about paying less, both of the roles I am offering are paying very well!

The problem is lack of available people..

Personally I would change the system to remove the limit for certain friendly nations with the most compatible cultures, such as Canada/Australia/China and leave limits in place (and maybe even add an extra screening step) for countries whose population has less incompatible cultures (I.E. those that practice Genital Mutilation, segregation, enforce dress codes for women, don't allow women to drive ETC..)

Some may consider this racist, but note I am talking culture NOT race, I don't care about race, I care that if you move to our country that you will contribute to our country positively and you wont be mutilating your daughters/sons, forcing them to marry, honour killing...

POST COMMENT House rules

Not a member of The Register? Create a new account here.

• Enter your comment

• Add an icon

Anonymous cowards cannot choose their icon