Reply to post: Having come up against Kaspersky's DRM...

Kaspersky Lab's move from Russia to Switzerland fails to save it from Dutch oven

Anonymous Coward
Anonymous Coward

Having come up against Kaspersky's DRM...

then I would say, that for me, it doesn't matter where they move to since they are no better than their competition.

Ultimately, if you are running "Windows" then there is no security and spending yet more money in the vain hope of reversing what is implicit in the OS and hardware is just throwing yet more money after bad.

No antivirus is 100% effective since each must wait until malware is noticed (if ever) before any preventative measure may be taken. MS and the AV vendors have for years been making money from false security promises and any comfort can only be had by those ignorant of the reality that the windows/x86 platform is inherently flawed.

The recent attack on Kaspersky from the US government is ofc unreasonable but since all AV companies are complicit in the continuing PC security lie then it makes it hard for me to see Kaspersky in the role of "innocent party".

Kaspersky could have taken the decision to finally put their customers first and stop ignoring state malware but instead they are attempting to paint themselves a different colour in the hope that they will be less visible to the agencies who have rallied against them.

This move is as stupid and ineffective as the concept of third party AV but then again they have been making money out it for years so why change course now.

POST COMMENT House rules

Not a member of The Register? Create a new account here.

• Enter your comment

• Add an icon

Anonymous cowards cannot choose their icon