Reply to post: Re: Senate Vote

Date engraved onto net neutrality tombstone: June 11, 2018

The_Idiot

Re: Senate Vote

@Bombastic bob

OK. I shouldn't - I _really_ shouldn't. But I'll bite...

""good job" Demon-Rats for going against the will of the people."

"Pai... has support of the American people."

I regret (because, of course, I must have missed it) I don;t recall any US national plebiscite or referendum, properly monitored and recorded, in which such a view was found to be that of a majority of 'the American people', or even those who voted nationally. Um, since, as far as I'm aware, there wasn't one. A vote, I mean. Second, if your standard of judgement is 'the will of the people', can I expect you to spear-head a vote to remove the current President? Since, after all, an opposing candidate in a vote that _did_ happen got more votes from 'the American people' than he did. And if you response is 'that's not how the system works - well, it's not how Congress works either.

"Pai has... support of the American people, particularly those who understand that big nanny gummint regulation isn't the way to do things."

Then, with respect, can I expect to see you spear-heading support for States when they pass their own legislation in _support_ of net neutrality? Since, as you say, 'big nanny gummint regulation isn't the way to do things'? Or, if State legislation is still, from your perspective, too close to 'big nanny gummint', when cities pass local ordinances? Or is _that_ somehow 'different' as well?

Sigh...

POST COMMENT House rules

Not a member of The Register? Create a new account here.

• Enter your comment

• Add an icon

Anonymous cowards cannot choose their icon