Reply to post:

Beam, Flow and Era: Not a yoga class, silly, Nutanix's move into copy data management

Anonymous Coward
Anonymous Coward

You are free to believe what you want but reality has its own way of asserting itself.

I did not get turned down, very much to the contrary, Nutanix offered me a position more than once. I do not wish to disclose who I am as I (quite successfully) run the commercial sales operations for a large company and I have been in this industry for more than three decades. I would like to think I know a thing or two about this industry, if not by skill then at least due to having been around forever. One of the advantages of old age and long tenure is the sheer number of connections and acquaintances in the industry. People talk and us industry insiders are no different.

When Nutanix offered me to take a role of [redacted] I took a close look at their sales numbers, leadership, quotas & attainment, staff turnover, and many other things relevant to our business. Unfortunately, things are much uglier once you look behind the curtains. I see an organization, while somewhat successful, also believes that the success of others, namely AWS, somehow applies to them. They are caught in epistemic closure and believe they can do no wrong. Sales quotas are completely unrealistic and I know of several very good sales reps who got bait and switched and then consequently left after short time. This is not good business and not sustainable. Good sales reps are rare and it seems to me that many of the new hires are, how shall we put it, not the top tier.

I am not saying that their sales force is bad but it seems they are losing good people very fast and replacing them with not so good ones. As a [redacted] this is important to me, others may have different priorities.

What rubs me the wrong way most however is the latent unethical conduct. I am not going to disclose details, feel free to explore on your own, but remember that what cannot go on will not go on. There is a lot of shady stuff happening. And that ALWAYS comes to surface sooner or later.

POST COMMENT House rules

Not a member of The Register? Create a new account here.

• Enter your comment

• Add an icon

Anonymous cowards cannot choose their icon