Reply to post:

You love Systemd – you just don't know it yet, wink Red Hat bods

oiseau
Coffee/keyboard

Hello:

I haven't been working with Linux for many years, 4+ ...

I am long past the need to push my chest out and if you must know, my name is Chuck and I these are my thoughts on systemd. 8^P!

I come from many years of MS, back from DOS 5.0 on my 200LX and early IBM office desktops.

Not a coder/programmer or even what you could call an advanced user, just a home and office guy who needs a PC to do things.

I attempted many times to make the jump to Linux and finally made it. It took some effort but not more than what I remember it took me to start with MS DOS in '94 and I was already in my late 20's.

Like I have said before: This systemd issue in Linux brings back memories of my difficult transition from W3.11 to W95, with the end of the familiar *.ini files I understood (and could tweak when things went foul) to the dark and undocumented workings of *the registry*, which took me a few years to get a minimal hold of.

In my opinion, this the same thing but it is now infecting Linux_land.

I see this systemd thing as nothing more than a registry class virus; the moment I understood what it was all about I left Ubuntu and Mint and now use and try out only systemd free distributions, hoping to eventually run only Devuan on my two rigs and netbook.

Cheers.

POST COMMENT House rules

Not a member of The Register? Create a new account here.

• Enter your comment

• Add an icon

Anonymous cowards cannot choose their icon