Reply to post: Am I the only one that doens't mind this keyboard?

MacBook Pro petition begs Apple for total recall of krap keyboards

Anonymous Coward
Anonymous Coward

Am I the only one that doens't mind this keyboard?

Granted, mine hasn't broken (yet), but I've grown to like it. The thing is that it takes massively less force to type on it than most models (Apple flashbacks to "you're holding it wrong") and you have to get used to typing s..o..f..t..l..y. And when you're going through that phase, it's annoyingly loud to type on. Really, horribly loud. But once you do get adjusted and used to it, it's actually very pleasant - solid tactile feedback and I find I can type faster with less effort. The only downside at this point is that other keyboards now feel heavy and with excessively long key travel, but that's just a function of being used to what you're used to.

That being said, $700 to replace a keyboard is fucking obscene and stupid (even if it's the best keyboard in the world, which apparently it isn't), and somebody at Apple should be kicked in the head for that one.

FWIW, AppleInsider (which has an editorial slant like the Apple equivalent of the former Soviet Pravda, but often has pretty solid information in actual articles) has been unofficially tracking support issues on Apple products and their numbers saw a sizeable spike in keyboard-related failures on MBPs in 2016 (about double the normal rate), which then dropped down close to "normal" in the first half of 2017 (about 20% higher).

POST COMMENT House rules

Not a member of The Register? Create a new account here.

• Enter your comment

• Add an icon

Anonymous cowards cannot choose their icon