Reply to post: Re: Re: Good point but .....

LLVM contributor hits breakpoint, quits citing inclusivity intolerance

Anonymous Coward
Anonymous Coward

Re: Re: Good point but .....

The Downvote ratio proves my point !!! ..... Thank you.

I don't believe that there are so many Racists reading this thread but I do believe that there are MANY who just cannot see the reality.

The bias is built in, even some people who are SO convinced it is not them !!!

It is unconsiously there built-in as part of your personality because you have known nothing else and can see no fault in you or the people around you.

As far as the 'Pro-White', 'Pro-Asian' etc goes not strictly true as even in these groups there are equivalent bias towards the 'Lighter Skins' and against the 'Darker Skins' often conflated with other issues to hide/dilute the act. ...... sound familiar ..... Myanmar for instance ???

The point raised about there should be NO Discrimination not yet MORE is very laudable BUT history shows that this is not going to happen.

The only people that can argue this are people that do not/have not experienced the reality as it is over the last 50 years. We can all agree with these 'High Ideals' but they are by definition unachievable so in reality the status quo is maintained ..... proof is all the laudable attempts to date to push equality without 'hurting' anyone that have simply & absolutely failed !!!

So many people will believe that discrimination has improved and is not as bad as say the 70's BUT this is just not true .... simply it has evolved to be more cleverly hidden, surrounded by good intentions and other diversions from the truth.

There are 1001 ways to be biased and discriminate against someone and YET be untouchable because the act(s) is so insidious. Proof is 50+ years of real world experience in the UK / Europe / South America / America etc. In all these places the issue is there and often in plain sight BUT everyone would state 'Hand on Heart' that there is little or no discrimination. Even in countries where the norm is a skin somewhat less than white there are the equivalent acts and bias that demonstrate that discrimination is real and alive even in groups that are targetted as a whole.

Why do you think this is so ???

Because there is proof of the gain you can make by playing this game all around them.

These groups are discriminated against themselves and they are reflecting the world they see by adopting the same mindset against their own sub-groups to fight their way to the top !!!

In their lives, why not that is how the world works doesn't it !!!!

More downvotes I expect ...... but you just keep confirming the truth as you do !!! :)

POST COMMENT House rules

Not a member of The Register? Create a new account here.

• Enter your comment

• Add an icon

Anonymous cowards cannot choose their icon