Reply to post: Re: Hypocrites

Blighty: If EU won't let us play at Galileo, we're going home and taking encryption tech with us

Chris G

Re: Hypocrites

"Isn't it strange how you remoaners never seem to hold the EU to such high democratic standards!"

Why wouldn't I hold anywhere to such high democratic standards?

For any country to assume that a failing voting system is 'good enough' is cheating their population.

As far as being a remoaner I had no vote but I would have voted to remain.

In the original referendum in the '70s I voted No to joining but, the UK having been a member for decades and so much of UK infrastructure and business being tied into the EU, it was not about leaving or staying but for the UK to start playing the game on it's own terms instead of just going along with Brussels after a weak protest.

You may be happy about leaving right now but when the economic realities of leaving begin to bit in a few years time all the leavers will be crying ' Why doesn't the government do something about this?' and you will be partly responsible for it and will then need to stop whining and take the medicine you asked for.

Of course the old Commonwealth countries might come flocking back to build a new empire in spite of how quickly the UK shafted them on joining the EU, so then everything will be fine and you won't have to find new markets to replace the 1/2 billion consumers on Britain's doorstep.

POST COMMENT House rules

Not a member of The Register? Create a new account here.

• Enter your comment

• Add an icon

Anonymous cowards cannot choose their icon