Reply to post: Triple play for me

Open Internet lovin' Comcast: Buy our TV service – or no faster broadband for you!

Anonymous Coward
Anonymous Coward

Triple play for me

I've had the Comcast triple play package (phone, cable, internet) for years; I got cable originally because my house sits in a valley with no line-of-sight to broadcast towers, so basically I have unacceptable over-the-air TV reception here. Eventually I splurged for HD which is mainly for sports. Sports on standard def is almost unusable these days because you cannot even read the score and stat boxes.

I got the cable internet as soon as it was offered in my area (I had insider information ahead of the availability) because my only other option was dialup modems; DSL wasn't in my area at that time, and later it was available but very expensive and much slower.

Finally, I got the phone package because it saved me a fortune compared to local phone service plus long distance charges, and it provided the triple bundle discounts; the only consideration now would be dropping that and going completely cell-based for phone service.

Every couple of years Comcast bumps my speed w/o changing plans. I don't even remember what plan tier I am on. And they swap out the modem regularly to get higher speeds. (I lease the modem from Comcast because buy-your-own is an iffy proposition at best with the voice service. The modem swap rate is about the same as the payback time for owning my own so I figure it is break-even.)

So, basically, I'm a satisfied Comcast customer. Oh, yeah, originally the cable and internet service was Adelphia, before Comcast acquired them. Now, if you want to talk about a really crappy company...they made Comcast look like geniuses in comparison.

POST COMMENT House rules

Not a member of The Register? Create a new account here.

• Enter your comment

• Add an icon

Anonymous cowards cannot choose their icon