Reply to post: There is no data justification

Windrush immigration papers scandal is a big fat GDPR fail for UK.gov

Voland's right hand Silver badge

There is no data justification

The justification is purely political, so stop looking at anything related to data in this one.

It was a dry run on "cleaning the country from undesirables" using a part of the population which is known to not have resources to put up a good fight. Most of the people affected were in the income bracket we associate with poverty and had no money to afford "lawyering up" for a fight with the Home Office.

The dry run was mostly successful too. They can now proceed to the real thing post-BrExit.

If you think I am joking ask any Eu cittizen who has successfully obtained dual nationality or right to remain before 2011 to do a subject request for his original paperwork from the Home Office. It has been destroyed deliberately the same was as Windrush papers. I understood that by pure chance when having a spat(*) with them regarding the son's passport last year.

Home Office Droid: "Oh, we no longer keep any original paperwork, it has all been shredded".

Me: "WHAAAAAAAAAAAT?"

(*)Spat was on an unrelated matter - they did not like the fact that I applied for his passport instead of his mother. I ended up having to threaten them with both a discrimination lawsuit and asking my MP to officially question them on discriminatory policies in the commons.

POST COMMENT House rules

Not a member of The Register? Create a new account here.

• Enter your comment

• Add an icon

Anonymous cowards cannot choose their icon