Reply to post: Re: Forced to use Flash

Patch or ditch Adobe Flash: Exploit on sale, booby-trapped Office docs spotted in the wild

Martin an gof Silver badge

Re: Forced to use Flash

Security aside, flash is also unavailable for the growing tablet/mobile user base.

Or, indeed, on the Linux boxen I force everyone to use at home. Or at least, that's what I tell them. Some sites are improving though, many of the games on Cool Math Games (which the school likes) are now usable without Flash.

The primary school is well aware that we don't "do" certain technological things, though that didn't stop one of the children coming home with homework to "write short reviews of your five favourite apps". Erm... not a tablet in the house, and the only Android phone in the house had no access to the Play Store (LineageOS without Google apps).

Teacher was very apologetic, but it was very upsetting for a normally diligent 9-year-old, who really loves school, not to be able even to attempt the homework. I suppose a school iPad could have been borrowed to do the homework one lunchtime, but that's sort of missing the point.

M.

POST COMMENT House rules

Not a member of The Register? Create a new account here.

• Enter your comment

• Add an icon

Anonymous cowards cannot choose their icon