Reply to post: Re: Getting tired of the whole "anti Russia" campaign

Facebook want us to believe banning Putin's troll army safeguards Russian democracy

Anonymous Coward
Anonymous Coward

Re: Getting tired of the whole "anti Russia" campaign

Two sides to your comment:

1 - agree that Russia is sort of doing what it says it does - apart from subverting a boatload of events in countries it has no business messing with. I put China in that category as well: it too has never claimed to be a democracy, nor (I suspect) will it be. Digressing slightly, if I look at the US I am reminded of the saying that democracy is three wolves and a sheep deciding what's for dinner so any claims of better/worse can only be viewed in the light of what it does to the man/woman in the street.

2 - that said, the whatabouterism ("other countries are so much worse") doesn't help your core argument and actually tears it down. Also, the hate impression is partly in your mind. What the media says <-> what intelligent people end up thinking. The general let's-wreck-the-educational-systems-so-they-stay-dumb population, yes, but not someone who has a wider view on the matter and is used to mine the facts from underneath the BS.

Just my two (Euro)cents.

POST COMMENT House rules

Not a member of The Register? Create a new account here.

• Enter your comment

• Add an icon

Anonymous cowards cannot choose their icon