Reply to post: Re: The BBC

Cambridge Analytica 'privatised colonising operation', not a 'legitimate business', says whistleblower

P. Lee

Re: The BBC

>Claims 'cheating' may have swayed Brexit poll.

Persuading people of a political view is not "cheating" its "winning."

Persuading people of a political view does not invalidate an election.

If attempted political persuasion is illegal, the BBC should be fined into oblivion. They have certainly made it their business.

The BBC have worked hard to lose my interest. I used to be a staunch advocate for them - I thought it useful to have a well-funded, reasonably-independent-of-government, non-commercial news organisation. Now their LGBT/race/feminist/pro-anything-foreign/anti-everything-traditionally-English activism coverage is just plain tedious and I no longer visit them. Too many times I thought there was a news story, but no, it was just propaganda. I don't even listen to the Friday Night Funnies any more. Yes Trump is an obnoxious idiot, but virtue-signalling isn't the essence of comedy. Half an hour of that is just boringly self-righteous. Why can't they just replay "Hancock's Half Hour"? I'd love them to dig up the show they did (in the 80's?) where they translated Macbeth into "Beano" style audio. "Cabin Pressure" was fantastic. Where are the people like Adam Curtis? I don't need to agree with everything said, but I'd like to perceive that some analytical thought has been applied.

POST COMMENT House rules

Not a member of The Register? Create a new account here.

• Enter your comment

• Add an icon

Anonymous cowards cannot choose their icon