Reply to post: Re: Most people do not care

Fleeing Facebook app users realise what they agreed to in apps years ago – total slurpage

Anonymous Coward
Anonymous Coward

Re: Most people do not care

There's no real alternative to Facebook because nothing has the critical mass of users that Facebook does.

Why would the critical mass of users be a main point for you on facebook? Are you trying to collect all the "likes"?

The main reason for you being on facebook should be your friends and only your friends. If you or your friend go for a different medium (email, snapchat, phone, signal, game chat, irc, irl, El Reg, etc.), then you guys already have a real alternative.

I haven't deleted my profile because once every few weeks it enables me to do and see things that I would live a more lonely life without.

So without facebook you'll feel lonely? That's a clear sign that you're addicted to facebook, because that' a withdraw symptom.

Really. Get the F*ck Out of There. If you truly wanted a less lonely life, then you need to make some real friends outside, or meet your friends irl. Facebook is a medium. It shouldn't be the thing that make you feel lonely when without it.

POST COMMENT House rules

Not a member of The Register? Create a new account here.

• Enter your comment

• Add an icon

Anonymous cowards cannot choose their icon