Reply to post: Re: well

Fleeing Facebook app users realise what they agreed to in apps years ago – total slurpage

Nick Ryan Silver badge

Re: well

Precisely.

The (Android) facebook app was plainly written by fuckwits who had no idea how to write any form of application - which almost certainly explains why they never got HTML5 features working either and the performance of the application sucked every shade of egg. What was especially annoying was that the likes of Samsung pre-installed the PoS and marked it as an unremovable system application.

As for the facebook messenger app - the data slurp was so pathetically ridiculous that I never installed it on a mobile phone. On a WiFi only tablet, yes, but not on a phone. Bloody thing barely works now, of course, because Facebook insist on SMS verifications for nonsense stuff and I am *not* about to give them mobiles numbers voluntarily.

Facebook have also "cleverly" managed to bork their web pages such that it is impossible to write anything or send a message using with them and to instead have to use an app. Use a different browser (with a desktop like UA identifier) and suddenly everything works fine on a mobile device. Who'd have thought eh???

All of which is moot, of course, because conversation is by definition between two parties and all it takes is some real life individual to have my personal details stored and to use one of the facebook apps and my details are now hoovered up regardless of my consent.

The writers of GDPR were (mostly) a wise bunch. Sorry left pondians but your regime, that treats all personal data as the sole property of whatever corporate entity happens to have a copy of it, is going to have a rough time shortly...

POST COMMENT House rules

Not a member of The Register? Create a new account here.

• Enter your comment

• Add an icon

Anonymous cowards cannot choose their icon