Reply to post: Re: I'm (not) sorry

Fleeing Facebook app users realise what they agreed to in apps years ago – total slurpage

VinceH

Re: I'm (not) sorry

"Incorrect: When calls and messages go unanswered - and they will - those who really need to contact me will either comply with my policy, or not bother contacting me."

Most decidely NOT incorrect - not if you read what I said and understood the point I was making.

In order to call you, unless these people are communicating over the telecoms network using psychic abilities, they are putting your number in their phone.

If they are using Facebook's rubbish on said phone, Facebook is slurping that information - and If they put other information about you in their phone along with that number, Facebook is slurping that information as well.

Data is being slurped about you whether you like it or not, and all you appear to be doing is burying your head in the sand.

If you'd said you refused to give people your number without said commitment, that would be a different matter - but you didn't; you simply said their calls would go unanswered.

"On the other hand, tolerating (and even shrugging off) the digital equivalent of a Stasi informant network is, in my own opinion, going full on batshit insane."

Yes, those people who tolerate or shrug this off - and I include those trying to convince themselves they are some way immune to it in that - are indeed batshit insane.

POST COMMENT House rules

Not a member of The Register? Create a new account here.

• Enter your comment

• Add an icon

Anonymous cowards cannot choose their icon