Reply to post: To the list of annoying things ...

More ad-versarial tech: Mozilla to pop limited ad blocker into Firefox

Milton

To the list of annoying things ...

To the list of annoying things ... may we add sites which, for some reason, insist on repeating the same article several times on the same page? I know El Reg has an article headlined "Painfully Laboured Juvenile Pun Here", and that it appears three down and two across, and then again seven down and one across, and then again ... I've got a pair of 28in UHD monitors here and I do not need to see the same story three times on a single page. What's the point? To emphasise lack of fresh content?

If you're afraid folks with smaller screens will miss stories, well— try writing informative, memorable and engaging headlines. Instead of shit that wasn't funny even the first time, and has become truly off-putting by the ninth appearance.

PS: WIRED used to do the same thing, and even worse, but thank god they put up a paywall. Don't miss 'em in the slightest. I just needed that tiny nudge to take the link off my bookmarks. El Reg, on the other hand, might hook me with a "No ads if you'll micro-pay" scheme, especially the premium offering: "Plus we'll employ adults as sub-eds, if you pay extra"

POST COMMENT House rules

Not a member of The Register? Create a new account here.

• Enter your comment

• Add an icon

Anonymous cowards cannot choose their icon