Reply to post: Re: Guccifer the Russian intelligence officer :]

Guccifer 2.0 outed, Kaspersky slammed, Oz radio hacker in the slammer, and more

tom dial Silver badge

Re: Guccifer the Russian intelligence officer :]

I can't decide whether this merits an upvote or a downvote.

Could an officer of a generally respected intelligence service make a mistake? Certainly; that is one of the ways spy networks are broken and taken down.

The paragraph on Clinton's non-victory is not too far from the mark, although her somewhat indolent campaigning didn't help, nor her (and her husband's) well known history. It is far from clear that the media attention to Trump helped him much. The consistently anti-Trump bias of the reporting is unlikely to have swayed many voters toward him. More likely it firmed up the opinions of those already leaning one way or the other. Neither of the major candidates really had much to offer, and although I am not a Democrat, I suspect that if they had nominated Sanders and got behind him wholeheartedly, he would not be the President. As it happened, well over 90% of the voters chose the wrong candidate.

As for the Russian threat, it is rather hard to forget that they have a large number of nuclear weapons, ample means to deliver them, and a rather obvious inclination to meddle in the affairs of other nations. The fact that those statements are true also of the US does not change that.

POST COMMENT House rules

Not a member of The Register? Create a new account here.

• Enter your comment

• Add an icon

Anonymous cowards cannot choose their icon