Reply to post: Re: What I don't understand

Cambridge Analytica CEO suspended – and that's not even the worst news for them today

Mark 85

Re: What I don't understand

If you look at the history of American politics, this is not new... only bigger and more divisive than anything that's been done before due to technolog and data mining. It hasn't and isn't limited to only one party as both have had their scandals, etc. over the decades. But given where we are, those high up and also in the media will each blame the other side even though they're all guilty of something this time around.

It will probably only get worse until the people actually rise up and say "enough".... However, that may not happen, the window might be closed. The media (just as divisive as the politicians themselves) share the blame. The search for "site hits" means more screaming, more finger pointing, more scandal. They feed on this stuff just as much as they did in the past. Sadly, the voters get sucked up into the frenzy which encourages everyone in power to continue and raise the ante.

This probably isn't the last scandal we'll see this year or for the next decade..... maybe longer. But the Internet has empowered those who crave power to manipulate the voters like they've never been manipulated before.

I hope that things change for the better. That those who seek power and money from the corporate and the political side come their senses before things really go to hell.

POST COMMENT House rules

Not a member of The Register? Create a new account here.

• Enter your comment

• Add an icon

Anonymous cowards cannot choose their icon