Reply to post: Re: GSuite is not enterprise ready

Airbus CIO: We dumped Microsoft Office not over cost but because Google G Suite looks sweet

Anonymous Coward
Anonymous Coward

Re: GSuite is not enterprise ready

I can sum that point up in one word: Compliance

I love Google Authenticator, but it won't let me dodge a regulatory requirement, or make a policy set by lobbyists and lawyers stay up to date with current best practices. I just have to deal with the glares in the hallway after a reset goes off. Recommending better "Best-Practice" is good, not supporting current practice is, well, amateurish. And that problem has been around since before the best practices changed.

Email lists, contact management, and all other sorts of rough edges in G-suite, especially at scale. If I imported 2 years of old mail into Gmail, I'd have to log in to each account, and mark it as "Read" in batches of what 50 messages at a time? The G-Suite experience has been a lot of little things that all start to stack up.

I'm not saying don't use it, just don't mistake it for a stand alone replacement, or that it doesn't cause it's own pain points. One of which is supporting requirements that can only be changed by people outside of Google. So no, not "Security"

POST COMMENT House rules

Not a member of The Register? Create a new account here.

• Enter your comment

• Add an icon

Anonymous cowards cannot choose their icon