Reply to post: UK IT Indian imports

Trump buries H-1B visa applicants in paperwork

Anonymous Coward
Anonymous Coward

UK IT Indian imports

In the last 10 years I've worked with some real shit. Sadly, mainly imported Indian IT techies working for outsourcers like TCS (Tata Crap Services) or TechMahindra (other crap companies are available). People who clearly weren’t up to the job and, given the level of bribery and nepotism you get in India, probably paid a relative or friend to get them the position. I doubt many had the qualifications that were claimed – and, anyway, you can buy whatever qualification you want in India – but if you question it over here then you are marked as racist. The Indian management treated their UK based staff like shit. If the staff didn’t like the working conditions then they would be on the next plane home.

Which is a shame because the good Indians that I've worked with over the years, frequently second or third generation UK citizens but also some in India, are now tarred with the same brush. And they are expected to work for the same money and are treated the same.

And if you want to see how the UK equivalent of the H1-B works then visit a well know High St banks technical centre of incompetence in Knutsford, Cheshire. Count the busloads of Indians arriving and leaving each day - it's thousands of individuals. Even the local managers don’t know they are coming until they turn up…… And then someone dreams up a project for them. You have to wonder if it isn’t just a way for the bank to pay an Indian company which in turn pays the people who outsourced the contract…… on the quiet of course. Not that I, for one minute, would suggest that any bank would do anything wrong, well, apart from the £xxx billion's worth of fines and payouts over the last 10 years.

The bank did outsource other work apart from India - 1000+ jobs that went to Lithuania, and the ones that went to the Ukraine, and Malaysia, and Singapore..... Funny, I hadn't realised it before but only the Indian jobs come to the UK.

POST COMMENT House rules

Not a member of The Register? Create a new account here.

• Enter your comment

• Add an icon

Anonymous cowards cannot choose their icon