Reply to post: Flip phones & their users are evolutionary dead ends?

Batteries are so heavy, said user. If I take it out, will this thing work?

Shadow Systems

Flip phones & their users are evolutionary dead ends?

Tell that to all those Asians that love their flip phones & buy them in such quantities that the manufacturer's trip over themselves to provide ever more capabilities, functionalities, & desirability.

Tell that to all the old folks for whom a smart phone is an utter waste of space since fat fingers + arthritus means they can't accurately manipulate a touch screen device.

Tell that to all the blind folks that have difficulties in doing anything on what amounts to a no-Haptic-feedback, no tactile differentiation, possibly talking slab of featureless glass.

Tell that to your parents when all they want/need is the ability to *gasp* make & take phone calls. No web surfing, no email, no apps, just a basic phone that just bloody works.

If old folks are "evolutionary dead ends", I will welcome you to the club when you get here... and then beat the ever lovin' fuck out of you with my flip phone.

A removeable battery, a headphone jack, an SD card slot, & battery life measured in a week or more between recharges. Oh yes, I can see how my $40 flip phone competes with that $400, no removeable battery, no headphone jack, & no expandable memory smart phone. ... you fucking muppet.

*Double handed rude gesture*

Sorry for the rant, but JFC could you be a more insensative jackass?

POST COMMENT House rules

Not a member of The Register? Create a new account here.

• Enter your comment

• Add an icon

Anonymous cowards cannot choose their icon