Reply to post: Too expensive and not different enough!

iPhone X 'slump' is real, whisper supply chain moles

Slx

Too expensive and not different enough!

Perhaps the phone market is just plateauing in terms of features, but I'm not seeng any phone that I am rushing out to buy as my 'must have'. I have an iPhone 7+ and a Nexus 6P and I quite happy with them and see nothing that's convincing me that I need to upgrade.

A few years ago, display technology was changing very rapidly, screen sizes were increasing and there were all sorts of innovative camera features that actually made a difference.

On top-of-the-market phones, you just expect and get fantastic displays, really good audio, processors that can do most of what you want them to do, etc etc.

I really think this is the point where you'll get a lag as the products don't offer anything amazingly compelling to upgrade. There needs to be some kind of major breakthrough on battery and charging technology, beyond just rapid charge, or something like that before I would jump to an upgrade.

Otherwise, you're really just looking at incremental processor upgrades and natural produce lifecycles as they fail after a few years.

POST COMMENT House rules

Not a member of The Register? Create a new account here.

• Enter your comment

• Add an icon

Anonymous cowards cannot choose their icon