Reply to post: As an insider...

Careful with the 'virtual hugs' says new FreeBSD Code of Conduct

Maelstorm Bronze badge
FAIL

As an insider...

As an insider....

Yeah, I'm a member of the FreeBSD community and you should have seen the uproar that it caused. Entertaining to say the least. There was no warning, no pretense, nothing to indicate that this was coming down the pike. It was just dropped into our laps by the core team admins with "Here you go." The thread started out with a blatantly insulting picture about the so called new CoC. DutchDaemon let the thread run for 8 pages before he closed it. He said there will be an internal discussion on the topic.

Personally, I do not give a rats ass about the so-called code of conduct. I will continue doing what I am doing which has worked for me for years: Treat people with respect until you have a reason not to. To quote one forum member "If a Joe wants to be called Jane, then call him Jane." Simple common sense.

El Reg, you are a week late to the party. You're slipping. Here's a link to the actual thread so you guys can read it for yourselves: https://forums.freebsd.org/threads/is-the-community-become-fragile.64690/

POST COMMENT House rules

Not a member of The Register? Create a new account here.

• Enter your comment

• Add an icon

Anonymous cowards cannot choose their icon