Reply to post: Re: Man, the social animal

Farts away! Plane makes unscheduled stop after man won't stop guffing

Anonymous Coward
Anonymous Coward

Re: Man, the social animal

"Imagine what it was like huddled together in the night to keep warm during the freezing winters in caves or tents of skins, they'd have been glad of a little methane to raise the temperature."

I doubt it, they had firewood for that. Plus a lot tended to have animals living with them and the smell of those would have masked anything grandpa in the corner would be trumping out.

"we end up with with several grown adults starting a fight over a little involuntary gas when put in a confined space for a few hours."

If it really stank I doubt many people would put up with it frankly. The guy had been asked to stop, could probably have gone to the toilet if he could be bothered but clearly couldn't so I guess he got what was coming to him.

There's a reason we have "apartments (with running water and bidets" , its called hygiene. Perhaps you'd like to check out the mortality figures from cholera before we had clean water supplies and flushing toilets.

Perhaps people in the stone age didn't care about hygeine - they also generally died before they reached 40.

POST COMMENT House rules

Not a member of The Register? Create a new account here.

• Enter your comment

• Add an icon

Anonymous cowards cannot choose their icon