Reply to post: At DropBear, re: the number of peddles.

If this laptop is so portable, where's the keyboard, huh? HUH?

Shadow Systems

At DropBear, re: the number of peddles.

You've evidently never seen a car modified for someone that *can't* use the standard foot controls & has to use hand controls instead.

It's amusing as hell to watch the look on some attempted car theif's face when they get in & realize there's no bloody peddles.

"What the fuck? How the hell am I supposed to drive it if there's no peddles? What kind of piece of shit IS this thing?"

It's not a piece of shit, it's been made accessible to someone for whom a wheelchair is a requirement.

My ex GF had such a car due to her spina biffida. She couldn't walk, but she could still drive using the hand controls. She never bothered to lock her car since 99% of the car theives out there "wouldn't have a fuckin' clue". And she was right, her car finally got stolen by some inventive bastard, only to get recovered a couple of streets away as they had been unable to manage a simple traffic circle.

So don't berate someone for assuming a car "has" to have foot peddles at all, that's not always the case.

Now go enjoy a pint on me, I'll be the guy in the corner playing Pole Position on the sit down arcade game. =-)p

POST COMMENT House rules

Not a member of The Register? Create a new account here.

• Enter your comment

• Add an icon

Anonymous cowards cannot choose their icon