Reply to post: Letter To Redmond...

Still not on Windows 10? Fine, sighs Microsoft, here are its antivirus tools for Windows 7, 8.1

Anonymous Coward
Anonymous Coward

Letter To Redmond...

#1. Those devilish plans for a Facebook-like 'Slurpy-OS' . That's what you promised Wall Street - monetizing slurp at OS-level. But that new telemetry monitor, doesn't even let users delete data which won't cut it with GDPR!

#2. Your greatest mistake is with long-term MS developers. Forcing updates onto systems without permission and borking machines causing instability to apps. A generational hiring shift has caused more coders to go freelance with no LTSB. You've unleashed a hornets nest here. Dev work is difficult enough without having the OS operate like a moving Target!

#3. There's a watershed moment not reflected in Linux usage stats. MS devs like myself have had enough, and are converting old XP/Vista/Win7 boxes to Mint etc for family / friends / colleagues for free. I'd never have taken on that workload before. But now I actively encourage it. I know hundreds of devs in the same boat, converting and spreading the word. The paltry Linux take up figures don't reflect this. We enable dual-boot on the machines too, which also skews the numbers. What this really means is, new Win-10 pc's aren't being purchased, which isn't good news for you!

POST COMMENT House rules

Not a member of The Register? Create a new account here.

• Enter your comment

• Add an icon

Anonymous cowards cannot choose their icon