Reply to post: Re: buttons

Military techie mangled minicomputer under nose of scary sergeant

JimboSmith Silver badge

Re: buttons

I had a fun day when all the comms were out at a showroom which I was due to visit the next day. The manager had received a call at 8pm from the alarm firm saying that the there was a problem with the line. She'd gone in to check and found out that the entire street was out not just one showroom. I was called and filled in on the problem & I then had to call the telecoms provider. I explained very patiently to the provider that we had a useless showroom if it had no means of selling anything using a card when it opened. They promised me that they'd have it sorted and not to worry. Turns out someone digging in the road had cut through a cable duct because they had the plans upside down. Then the comms provider called me back and said that they'd hopefully have Openreach round to the road by the end of the next day. So we had a day of virtually no sales* whilst they fixed all the lines. *One bloke came in and paid cash, lots of cash which needed to be counted. We took the opportunity to have an impromptu session on correct cash handling and checking procedures.

POST COMMENT House rules

Not a member of The Register? Create a new account here.

• Enter your comment

• Add an icon

Anonymous cowards cannot choose their icon