Reply to post:

Indiegogo to ailing ZX Spectrum reboot firm: End of May... or we call the debt collector

Lee D Silver badge

“Firstly, we have decided we will no longer be silenced by the people who have orchestrated a campaign of harassment and credible threats against us."

Were you ever silenced? It's all I hear him whine about. P.S. Call the police in the case of a credible threat, or a solicitor. What that's got to do with customers, bailiffs and IndieGoGo (unless said threats were made on their forums, in which case why are you not saying they aren't dealing with them?) I can't fathom.

"The BBC report from yesterday is completely misleading. We have not been issued with an ultimatum by Indiegogo, in fact, we have been in dialogue with them for some time to discuss the harassment and serious threats, and they are very understanding of our situation.”

Correct - they haven't issued an ultimatum. They don't say that. They say they WILL. And I should hope you're in dialogue. Again, what that's got to do with product delivery or sending in the bailiffs, I can't fathom.

"She also alleged the Beeb had ignored an offer to interview 72-year-old David Levy"

And? So? What's that got to do with delivery of the product and/or sending in the bailiffs?

I'm not a backer, because I saw this one coming.

Try this:

Deliver the product. Or offer a refund.

Sue or have arrested people making credible threats. Or stop whining about them.

Deal with your customer's non-threatening complaints. Or stop whining about people complaining.

Dig out the paperwork that says that ex-director doesn't have any rights. Or pay him.

Oh, and file your returns.

It's really quite easy. Currently the only path I see is bankruptcy and you seem to have no care addressing that concern to your customers and would rather go bankrupt owing them all money than trying to give them something back.

I honestly don't care, I have no interest in the project and wouldn't touch it because I've learned to spot the slimy salespeople who do this (I skipped OpenPandora for the same reasons - I spotted that the guy in charge at the start wasn't ever intending to deliver, and then it turned into a shower of asking for more and more and more money and then delivering units only to whoever-paid-the-most instead of whoever-backed-from-the-start). I have no connection with ANY of the people mentioned. But you're running a slimeball business and using the same soundbites and distractions that I'd expect if you were one of those people who just runs the company into the ground, takes their percentage, runs, screws over all the customers (and most of your own staff), and then sets up elsewhere on something else to try it again.

If you want to combat that image, make the choices above. If you don't, but carry on with the "oh, we're being harassed", "it's all that guy's fault", etc. distractions/excuses, then you're quite possibly going to end up in court, maybe even jail, and I and many others certainly will have nothing to do with ANYONE so named as being on this project ever again.

If you had a shred of decency, the next blog update wouldn't be a rant. It would be a stating of the situation, a reasonable date by which you will guarantee delivery or refund, and an apology.

I don't see that happening, though.

POST COMMENT House rules

Not a member of The Register? Create a new account here.

• Enter your comment

• Add an icon

Anonymous cowards cannot choose their icon