Reply to post: Re: The last general election results ...

UK PM Theresa May orders review of online abuse laws in suffrage centenary speech

wolfetone Silver badge

Re: The last general election results ...

"I can accept that. Just as some people still think we should remain in the EU because end of western civilisation. But it really does seem to take a special kind of person to believe Corbyns labour wouldnt trash the country. Corbyn pretty much seems to rely on students so thats about 50% of the young adults, most excluded until they reach 18, some of which can think so deduct them and since he supports brexit he doesnt even get that protest group.

Although you could be right and I might hold the UK electorate in higher estimation than deserved."

How can you trash a country that's already burning?

Employment levels are low, yes, but that's because of zero hour contracts. When you're on one of these you go off the unemployment books, even though you could work 16 hours over 4 weeks with 3 weeks of no work. Although massaging of unemployment figures is something every government has done.

Education is on it's arse. How those in Government can tell the rest of us (who are younger) that we have to pay for an education they received for free?

Society is on it's arse. Today there's a story about a DPD delivery man (on said zero hour contract) dying of diabetes because of the workplace practices they used, which they're allowed to use under this government.

Social housing is on it's arse and has been since Thatcher. Stocks were never replaced, meaning councils end up paying more money to private landlords to use their properties to house the electorate.

In my honest view, the country's already fucked and I don't know anyone who can say it isn't. So is the alternative all that bad? I like Corbyn, more than any other politician that's gone before him since Tony Benn. At least he's honest and hasn't sold himself out for a sniff of power.

POST COMMENT House rules

Not a member of The Register? Create a new account here.

• Enter your comment

• Add an icon

Anonymous cowards cannot choose their icon