Reply to post:

No Windows 10, no Office 2019, says Microsoft

Charlie Clark Silver badge

Windows 7 goes EOL in 2020 so most businesses that are wedded to the Office suite, and these are the vast majority of the customers, will probably moving to Windows 10 anyway. It's also not uncommon for companies to skip Office releases because document compatability is pretty good. One of my customers is still "happily" (the ribbon interface disqualifies the use of the word in the normal sense) using Office 2011 and I've seen no plans for a move to 2016 but Windows 10 migrations are planned for this year.

I like OpenOffice and use it for the majority of my own stuff but it's plumage is starting to suffer. Every time I try LibreOffice I get exasperated by the degraded UI and the odd bugs which invariably lead to crashes and data loss. It's a pity because there are some talentend and committed working on it but the project management is just shocking.

MS has worked hard on Office 2016 and even harder on the mobile versions. Good luck to them if they can find customers who are happy to pay for them even if it will become harder to convince people that there is any kind of innovation going on.

POST COMMENT House rules

Not a member of The Register? Create a new account here.

• Enter your comment

• Add an icon

Anonymous cowards cannot choose their icon