Reply to post: Perhaps we could make a deal...

Dodgy parking firms to be denied access to Brit driver database

Jonathon Green

Perhaps we could make a deal...

...where life is made more difficult for parking enforcement but I’m legally allowed to grab my trusty lump-hammer and beat the ever-loving crap out of every panel and/or window when somebody who’s got no entitlement leaves their car (or truck, or van, or unicycle, or whatever) in a space I, my employer, or someone who I’m paying for a service has paid good money for the use of.

Honestly, in spite of signage you could pretty much read from space when the company I work for was located in a town centre near a couple of shopping centres it was rare to go a day without some ass-hole either tail-gating their way into our car park (and then complaining when the automatic gates wouldn’t let them out) or simply dumping it across the gateway. We’re now in an office on an out-of-town industrial park and people still seem to think it’s OK to use our (clearly signed) dedicated car park to either visit somebody else or I suspect in some cases to get the bus into town.

There is in my view something badly wrong with a society when you’re not allowed to set fire to a vehicle parked without permission on your property and then charge the owner for disposal of the wreckage...

POST COMMENT House rules

Not a member of The Register? Create a new account here.

• Enter your comment

• Add an icon

Anonymous cowards cannot choose their icon