Reply to post: Re: we have spirit yes we do we have spirit how about you

Blockheads changing company names to surf crypto wave get a warning from the SEC

J__M__M

Re: we have spirit yes we do we have spirit how about you

"Complaining that there are too many laws is rather like complaining that there are too many lines of code in a program when all that's really needed is a "Do What I Meant" button."

Not exactly. Complaining that there are too many laws is rather like complaining that there are too many lines of code when the same thing can be accomplished using fewer lines of code. The user interface has nothing to do with it.

Unless you and your 14 downvoting friends are federal prosecutors, I'm pretty sure you missed the point (if you are, then you probably got it but don't care since you're more likely to be promoted than held accountable). If federal law is going to span 96 bazillion pages, another bazillion isn't exactly going to cross over that blurry line of human comprehension. We passed that one a long time ago. So basically either define the law or fack off. You can't have it both ways. The word "can't" rather than "shouldn't" is just wishful thinking to those of you still not getting it. Or denial. Whatever.

If ignorance of the law is no defense, maybe there should be an alternative. Defense, I mean. Or you know, like, fair.

The spirit of the law is a euphemism for ambiguity. Ambiguity is step one in the prosecutorial overreach handbook. Go read Three Felonies a Day by Harvey Silverglate (or some other helpful amazon suggestion) and get back to me.

I am not unreasonable.

POST COMMENT House rules

Not a member of The Register? Create a new account here.

• Enter your comment

• Add an icon

Anonymous cowards cannot choose their icon