Reply to post: What exactly is every one supposed to protect?

Who's using 2FA? Sweet FA. Less than 10% of Gmail users enable two-factor authentication

Anonymous Coward
Anonymous Coward

What exactly is every one supposed to protect?

Some of us don't use it because it's pointless. Since some one has an exact copy of every one of my emails, ie, the sender or receiver, and since nothing I send via email is important, and since most of what I know, or what is known about me is already on Facebook, Twitter, leaked from Banks, leaked from companies I've purchased from, stored by Google, tracked by every website I've visited, used and leaked by Governments, listened in to via TV's and phones, on camera etc etc .... just what am I protecting that is so important that I need to have 2 devices just to log into an account?

Hell, most of my online accounts I'd like to do away with any password whats so ever.

Anyone who wants my identity appears to already have it, or could, if they wanted, just go and get it.

Even health info was given to Google.

Years ago I wanted medical insurance, but was told I need to pay more because I have a family history of heart problems...they knew enough then. By now someone in my family has probably had some sort of DNA test done, for genealogy purposes or medical reason.

Believe me, there is nothing important about my life that isn't already known that needs protecting by a password.

Even the banks are doing away with them for small card transactions.

POST COMMENT House rules

Not a member of The Register? Create a new account here.

• Enter your comment

• Add an icon

Anonymous cowards cannot choose their icon