Reply to post: So...

UK's Just Eat faces probe after woman tweets chat-up texts from 'delivery guy'

TonyJ

So...

The driver was clumsy in his approach and should have had more common sense and this was not the right approach to try and talk to a woman. It was a creepy invasion of privacy and I'm not justifying it.

Given most of the readership here work in IT related fields I am sure we all know someone (or even many someones) who aren't that confident around the opposite sex face-to-face but find it much easier to communicate via other media.

I'm equally sure we've all come across similar creepiness over the years.

Given the driver has to have the customers' address by virtue of them delivering the food that's one thing you can't get away from but surely it's not beyond the realms of the likes of Just Eat to add some kind of text or voice based messaging to their app that is single session for the duration of the order then destroyed? That can also be tracked and stored for just this kind of incident.

JE's response to the complaint (and I agree it wasn't really their fault, directly) was still not good enough - it was very lacking in all the important areas.

But...let's not end up in a world where one sex trying to "chat up" for want of a better term a member of the opposite sex automatically becomes an offence. :(

POST COMMENT House rules

Not a member of The Register? Create a new account here.

• Enter your comment

• Add an icon

Anonymous cowards cannot choose their icon