Reply to post: slashdot

Remember those holy tech wars we used to have? Heh, good times

Anonymous Coward
Anonymous Coward

slashdot

@disgusted(whoever)

Tend to agree about slashdot, which, however recently came up a little in the world by grabbing a lot of articles from here.

Either their code is broken or they've decided to "like" me. Or is that hate? I seem to have infinite mod points over there now, as soon as I run out, I get more.

I'm doing what I can with mod points and posts to cut down on the silly partisan politic stuff and the losers who just pontificate about things they have no clue about.

But it's like trying to empty the ocean with a thimble...At least there is still an ocean of users there, a few of them smart. And as to politics, at least there are two sides there, unlike that other tech site that starts with Ar.

In real life, problems do not have only two sides, and just because your favorite felon didn't win, the clown that did isn't responsible for all that's gone wrong over the last 4+ decades I've been watching, unless there's some shenanigans with a time machine - now that would be news, but people seem to prefer what would be cognitive dissonance, that is, if they cognated at all. The other guy being wrong doesn't make yours right - all pols lie, cheat, steal, and leave office wealthy and a trail of abused people behind, while we all pay for it - their job is to pick our pockets to buy our votes, when they can't get some big corp to do the pocket picking for them by making anti-competitive rules for campaign contributions. Get over it, partisans - you've been divided and conquered. Keyboard warring over things where both sides are wrong is a cop out.

"All restaurants are Taco Bell now, John".

POST COMMENT House rules

Not a member of The Register? Create a new account here.

• Enter your comment

• Add an icon

Anonymous cowards cannot choose their icon