Reply to post: Re: They will never work in an urban environment.

Transport pundit Christian Wolmar on why the driverless car is on a 'road to nowhere'

Anonymous Coward
Anonymous Coward

Re: They will never work in an urban environment.

The kids would play 'Chicken' with the car. If it stops in time then they just do it again and again.

If it didn't then the lawyer standing in the background would make sure that no one including the company that made the seat covers escapes being hauled into court.

I have a lot of time for Mr Wolmar or rather 'had'. Since his pal Jeremy C became leader of the Labour Party, he's gone a bit off the rails. Some of his more recent rants in 'Rail' magazine seem to show that.

He appears to have reverted to seeing the old days of 'British Rail' through rose tinted glasses.

Well Mr W in BR days, my last train from London left at 23:06. now I can continue to enjoy myself and still get the 01:05 which was nearly full a few weeks before christmas. The old 23:06 was invariably empty because some of the other stations it called at were locked up tight after 22:00 when the Union man went home. The more athletic of us could scramble over the fence.

POST COMMENT House rules

Not a member of The Register? Create a new account here.

• Enter your comment

• Add an icon

Anonymous cowards cannot choose their icon