Reply to post: Re: Bah!

Game of Thrones author's space horror Nightflyers hitting telly

CrazyOldCatMan Silver badge

Re: Bah!

Dragonflight Anne McCaffery

They would just turn it into some low-budget carp for the "ooohhh.. dragons" teen crowd and miss the whole point. (Yes - that series was one of my favourites (along with the Darkover books) when I was much, much younger than I am now..)

Forever War Joe Haldeman They would just do the same thing as they did with Starship Troopers - turn a book that portrays the waste and futility of war into a gorefest with lots of gratuitous explosions.

Heliconia Spring, Summer, Winter Brian Aldiss One of the more unreadable of Brians series :-(

As you can see, I'm full of the positive joys of the New Year today. Either that or I'm fully aware of how badly the 'Entertainment' industry will screw up some really, really good books.

(And if I thought they would do a good job (hah!), I'd nominate the Honor Harrington series by David Weber. Not bad considering he steals plotlines wholesale from the French Revolution and Napoleonic Wars.. Likewise, the Miles Vorkosigan books by M Bujold - really, really good sci-fi and extremely well-written. Which doubtless would be screwed up by being made as "GoT in Spaaaace")

POST COMMENT House rules

Not a member of The Register? Create a new account here.

• Enter your comment

• Add an icon

Anonymous cowards cannot choose their icon