Reply to post: Re: Checks and balances are required

Surveillance law slip-up in sight for staff stalking citizens on socials

Anonymous Coward
Anonymous Coward

Re: Checks and balances are required

Sherminator wrote:

"Get the people trained and authorised to do only what is required and no more, there's enough horror stories of councils using RIPA to spy on people over school catchment area validity..... is this what we want our council tax spent on?

I can't get my bins emptied half the time and I can't remember the last time I actually saw a Police Officer.

Me thinks Councils are not controlled well enough...."

After recent experience I can concur wholeheartedly with that sentiment. I have no SM accounts, however, my wife (read only) children & grandchildren do (despite my best efforts).

We were waiting the result of a re-assessment for help with (our) disability needs. Assessment done then months of delays until finally they came up with a six year old photo showing me standing, sticks hidden behind my back with part of the ferrel showing beside my foot. They also found another (grainy) photo showing me in uniform from 40 years ago. Sufficient they said to prove I no longer need help. When argued they quoted the upload dates as proof! The photo's were from my grandchildrens' accounts.

Whilst I understand the opportunity the public domain provides my experience is that they only search for what they need to prove the answer they want and invariably truth has SFA to do with it.

I have dealt with many agents of local and national government and all I can say is that for the majority of them .... erm erm... nope, nothing printable.

Anon as this is hands of solicitor

POST COMMENT House rules

Not a member of The Register? Create a new account here.

• Enter your comment

• Add an icon

Anonymous cowards cannot choose their icon