Reply to post: Re: Am I the only Windows Phone User Left?

Microsoft's 'Surface Phone' is the ghost of Courier laughing mockingly at fanbois

Salestard

Re: Am I the only Windows Phone User Left?

My 950 has three months left, then I'm outta here - WP10/WM10 is shonky, to say the least, and very little of it actually works properly. People hub a shadow of it's former self. Music app dead and buried at the end of this month. Twitter, Facebook, Kindle and so on Apps not updated since forever - LinkedIn app abandoned.

Nokia Drive I miss dearly - it was excellent on my 925, 1020, 820, 900 and 800. The current Maps app works well enough as a maps app, but lacks the fluidity of Nokia's effort (which came about because they'd bought a Sat-Nav firm (Tom-Tom??))

Funnily enough, dug the 1020 and 820 out of the 'spares cupboard' (read: collecting point for various things with CPUs, usually dead) last weekend - charged them up, and hardware works fine, as well as the embedded stuff like Drive. Everything else seems dead though?

My overriding thought though - I remember getting the 1020 and regarding it as an absolute monster of a thing at the time. Four years on, it's tiny!

POST COMMENT House rules

Not a member of The Register? Create a new account here.

• Enter your comment

• Add an icon

Anonymous cowards cannot choose their icon