Reply to post: So what did the police say?

Ex-Microsoft intern claimed one of her fellow temps raped her. Her bosses hired him

Anonymous Coward
Anonymous Coward

So what did the police say?

I see a lot of talk about what the woman thought and such, but I'm missing out on the results of her report to the police. Did the police do anything? Was a rapekit used? Did they find proof of sexual intercourse? If the police didn't do anything then I don't see what Microsoft could have done here. After all: in the end this all resulted in a "she said, he said" kind of scenario, and in our democracy you're innocent until proven guilty. Also noteworthy is that the whole thing didn't happened on the Microsoft workfloor but at her (shared) home.

Even the article says that she was asleep and "thinks to have remembered that she was being raped". Is that enough to ruin someones career? "I think he did it, but I'm not sure"? And once again: I'm seriously missing out on what the police investigation (if any) resulted in.

This isn't about a sexual assault on the workfloor, but instead about sexual related issues at home where both involved individuals also happened to be working for the same company. So unless the police actually got involved then I don't think there's much the company could do here.

POST COMMENT House rules

Not a member of The Register? Create a new account here.

• Enter your comment

• Add an icon

Anonymous cowards cannot choose their icon