Reply to post: What fresh hell is this?

Behold, ye unworthy, the brave new NB-IoT logo

I ain't Spartacus Gold badge
FAIL

What fresh hell is this?

I wasn't even aware this technology existed before now. So I guess the logo has done its job. Well except for the fact that I regard it not so much as marketing, but more as a warning.

I have a pretty low opinion of IoT. Particularly of its many vendors' pisspoor attitude to security - and even more shoddy attitude to ongoing support - and simply remotely disabling hardware they've sold in the past. I've noted Google shitting on their customers, because apparently they're too cheap to keep a couple of servers going to support a few 18-month old devices.

But no. There's always a way to make things worse! It's all on spectrum licenced to them, so the mobile phone companies will have to approve all the kit as well. And they're famous for their customer service, software competence and ability to make the right consumer technology choices. Oh yes!

What joy!

A new front door lock made by the lowest bidder in China, "supported" by Google and with technology and UI crafted by Vodafone.

Sign me up! I'll take 12!

The logo should be a man, running away as fast as his little legs will carry him...

POST COMMENT House rules

Not a member of The Register? Create a new account here.

• Enter your comment

• Add an icon

Anonymous cowards cannot choose their icon