Reply to post: Re: one for you, one for me

Report: Women make up just 17% of IT workforce, paid 15% less than men

Jeremy Puddleduck

Re: one for you, one for me

Women have to fix all the problems in life? I didn't realise. As someone has already said on this article, it's our fault we get paid less so perhaps it's men's fault they don't get many teaching jobs?

If you pay attention to what feminists want it is equality for all, and there are several schemes to recruit men into teaching (particularly primary schools) since society loses out by having such a discrepancy. There have been schemes to promote men into widwifery as well. And what have *you* done to encourage men into other roles, or are you just hanging back to wait for the women to sort out your roles as well?

Every time there is an article like this on El Reg you just know it is going to attract some of the more unpleasant sexist posters. There is absolutely no reason to drop to the level of the average Daily Mail article with terminology like feminazis and SJWs, unless you want to signal your own blatent sexism to others. Why not try and be open minded about the causes of some of these problems? Yes, the numbers of women working in IT is small, and yes it is because less women apply, and yes it's because less women study relevant qualifications. No, what can we all do to change that? It's not spout the same old tripe about forcing women to do work they don't like, that we're all "different". It's about addressing why society has this bias in the first place, for both men and women. Why shouldn't we all get to do what we want when it comes to work and not be told as children only one gender does a certain type of role.

Some time the idiots that post on these articles leave me in despair.

POST COMMENT House rules

Not a member of The Register? Create a new account here.

• Enter your comment

• Add an icon

Anonymous cowards cannot choose their icon