Reply to post: Re: Google's Pixel security team

Some 'security people are f*cking morons' says Linus Torvalds

jake Silver badge

Re: Google's Pixel security team

Jonathan 27, Linus only gets bent out of shape after all other methods bounce off cloth ears. Contributors get plenty of warning when they are messing up. Really. I've been contributing to the kernel for a quarter century now, and made a couple very stupid mistakes along the way. Yet I've never even been growled at. Because I figure out where I went wrong, acknowledge the issue, fix it, and move on. Just like Cook has done with this latest issue, even though it took him a while to grok where he was going wrong.

On the other hand, if the rare bad language offends you so fucking much, fork the fucking kernel already! All you have to do is find a lead dev who is well versed in kernel development, and a bunch of seasoned kernel hackers to follow him/her. That shouldn't take too long, right? Maybe you could use Kickstarter? Then you can show us all how the kinder, gentler method is so much better. Devs could get "time outs" instead of being yelled at. They could have "do overs" when they break something. Every dev would get a trophy. You could call it "Kumbaya". I'm absolutely certain the world will beat a path to your door.

Oh, wait, I said "beat". My bad. Did that offend your virgin ears^Weyes?

Honest to fucking gawd/ess, we're turning into a race of whiners ...

POST COMMENT House rules

Not a member of The Register? Create a new account here.

• Enter your comment

• Add an icon

Anonymous cowards cannot choose their icon