Reply to post: Re: adblock plus and /56/

Firefox 57: Good news? It's nippy. Bad news? It'll also trash your add-ons

Kiwi
Facepalm

Re: adblock plus and /56/

Considering the fact that you're criticizing the colour of a button while praising NoScript's UI of all things, I'm not sure your perspective is exactly objective.

I'll try to use simple words here in hopes you can keep up.

NS's button has DIFFERENT COLOURS that contrast with the background so that you can see it. It has a WHITE S which is NOTICEABLY DIFFERENT to the background. That S has a BLACK BORDER to MAKE IT STAND OUT At times it as a RED CIRCLE to make it even more noticeable.

Contrast that with the settings button on UB which is light grey on light grey, and not visible unless you know where to go to.

Are you still with me or is this not quite simple enough?

When you click on the main NS button with your mouse it tells you things like that there's an options menu there. When you click on the main UB button it tells you things like there's a big blue power icon and some stats, and down the bottom some icons for turning on/off filtering for "large media elements".

With ABP and NS if you go to the Addons settings with the browser, and click on "Preferences" you get stuff about changing settings. With UB you don't. IOW, there's nothing obvious with UB to show that there are more settings available, and such settings are not found in the usual way.

I should stop here, in case we have to wait a while for you to catch up.

POST COMMENT House rules

Not a member of The Register? Create a new account here.

• Enter your comment

• Add an icon

Anonymous cowards cannot choose their icon