Reply to post:

User asked help desk to debug a Post-it Note that survived a reboot

Anonymous Coward
Anonymous Coward

At university you could sign up to be a volunteer student IT helper for the computer section of the libraries if you were competent enough. Cue one rainy thundery day a nice girl approached me and asked if I knew why her printing wasn't coming out. She suggested that it might be the lightning causing the problem? After a quick check of the printer I discovered it was working and her pages were coming out just without the required content. There was a web address at the top of the page and a page number at the bottom just nothing in between. When I checked the pages which were being printed they were from a lovely site where the text was on a black background and had all been written in yellow. There weren't colour printers in the libraries and the ones we had didn't print if your text was in colour. (well that's not true they'd print but only if the text was dark enough, yellow, pink, white etc. did not print.)

After copying the text to Notepad and then cutting and pasting that text into a Word document it came out in black not yellow. Then when you hit print it printed everything and she was very happy. A notice was placed above each printer explaining that coloured text wouldn't print

POST COMMENT House rules

Not a member of The Register? Create a new account here.

• Enter your comment

• Add an icon

Anonymous cowards cannot choose their icon