Reply to post:

Those IT gadget freebies you picked up this year? They make AWFUL Christmas presents

Dave K

"I've found it handy to keep a couple of these "inadequate capacity" sticks in the bag..."

Agreed, I've got half a dozen 2GB/4GB ones kicking around for the same purpose. It's always a risk when someone wants a copy of an urgent document and doesn't have a spare flash drive to hand.

I've been there before...

"Oh, I'll bring it back in 20 minutes" they say cheerily whilst you delicately hand over the only spare flash drive you can find in your drawer, a 128GB platinum-plated flash drive with go-faster LED that was given to you by a cherished relative just before their recent death. And you know within 5 minutes it'll be sticking out the front of their desktop PC with a dribble of coffee down one side - right before that moment when they shove their wheely chair back into it, thus bending the USB connector over at a 30 degree angle. That's if you ever get it back at all...

No, always better to give them a small, crap, flaky one that you don't care about one way or the other.

POST COMMENT House rules

Not a member of The Register? Create a new account here.

• Enter your comment

• Add an icon

Anonymous cowards cannot choose their icon