Reply to post:

First iPhone X fondlers struggle to admit that Face ID sort of sucks

coolcity

@ Milton

That's the problem though isn't it? We're all blaming Apple but at the end of the day it's the people who are stupid enough to buy into these things, and the one thing Apple are extremely good at isn't manufacturing great products, it's marketing.

I mean, I get it, if you have the money to spend then spend it on what makes you feel good. But the iPhone never did anything so well that it was better than phones costing half the price. Many of us do it. I run my own business and I have a decent car, but is it really any better then the old runabout I had 10 years ago? Does it do anything that old car didn't do? Not really, and in my opinion it's the same with phones.

There is nothing new because they have reached a plateau. We have the optimum screen size and resolution, they are as powerful as they can be and in most cases probably ever need to be, the screens and cameras are as good as they need to be so the manufacturers have nowhere else to go. I have always thought Apple could be particularly vulnerable as most of their eggs are in the iPhone basket, and they are now reaching a limit of what can be improved or enhanced, and this is now what it has come down to

POST COMMENT House rules

Not a member of The Register? Create a new account here.

• Enter your comment

• Add an icon

Anonymous cowards cannot choose their icon